CONSTITUTION OF THE AUTHORITY:
As per the G.O.Ms.No. 1177, dated 06-11-1981, the Government have declared Development Area under Section 3 of Telangana (Development) Act, 1975 for Kakatiya development area which is in vicinity of area comprising the jurisdiction of Warangal Corporation as an Urban Area consisting of 181 villages with a view to expedite formation of policies and implementation of the programmes in Urban Development Area. Kakatiya Urban Development Authority spreads over to an area of 1805.00 Sq.Kms. with a population of 13.00 lakhs as per 2011 Census.
The following number of Grampanchayats and Mandals has been covered in the jurisdiction of the Authority.
A. (181) villages of Warangal Urban, Rural and Jangaon Districts.
B. (11) Mandals of Warangal Urban, (5) Mandal of Wrangal Rural and (3) Mandals of Jangaon District.
1. Warangal Urban District
1. Bheemadevarapalli, 2.Dharmasagar 3.Elkathurthi 4, Hanamkonda 5. Hasanparthy 6.INavolu 7. Kamalapur 8.Khaazipet 9. Khila Warangal 10. Velair 11. Warangal
2. Warangal Rural District
1. Atmakur 2. Damera 3. Geesugonda 4. Sangam 5. Wardhannapet
3. Jangaon District
1.Chilpur 2. Ghanpur (stn) 3. Zaffergadh
C . One Urban local body ie., Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation.
As per the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (3) of section 3 of Telangana Urban Areas (Development) Act, 1975 the Government of Telangana has to constitute the body of the Authority with the following members.
1. Chairman to be appointed by the Government.
2. Vice-Chairman to be appointed by the Government, who shall be a whole time Chief Executive officer of the Authority.
3. Three members from among the Members of the State Legislature representing
the development area, to be nominated by the Government.
4. Five elected members of the Warangal Municipal Corporation comprised
within the development area to be nominated by the Government.
5. One officer ie., Commissioner, Warangal Municipal Corporation to be
nominated by the Government
6. One officer of the Director of Town & Country Planning, Hyderabad to be
nominated by the Government.
7. One officer of the Finance Department of the Govt. to be nominated by Govt.